Thursday, June 10, 2010

A San Diegan






Hello All,

Well I have pretty much got settled in San Diego now. I have been to a padres game, a few local hot spots, some amazing parks, and an elegant event on board the USS Midway. You can say that I own this town now. Somehow, in the midst of all this fun activity I have managed to get two weeks of work in! Work has been going pretty well. I am basically working under one man who is cool and has been teaching me much. I have been working on two main projects, one at a park in the desert, and the other at a state beach in San Diego. Besides the mains, I have helped put the finishing touches on a one of a kind windmill that pumps water and construction documents for a lifeguard tower that was built with no general documents. Apparently that is how the state parks roll! Shoot first then ask questions as my friends in Tombstone would say. Other than that, I have been relaxing and enjoying my time here in a new place. Right now we are experiencing what they call "June Gloom". It has been about 60 degrees and cloudy everyday, but no rain. The clouds just hover over the coast, while two miles inland it is sunny and warm. But, no worries, they say July is HOT, for multiple reasons! There is much to do here, and not enough time, so I'm off to go find an adventure.... until next time..

http://s803.photobucket.com/home/Drew_Baum
Picture Website


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, dude! Stay safe and, more importantly, stay classy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bam looks like your doing pretty good man, SD beaches sounds alot like Sydney beaches! I went to New Zealand last week and it was freaking incrediable! words cannt discribe! ill update you more in an email soon! take it easy man, and get out there and explore as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete